Hey if you want a sweet, high protein, breakfast idea (and you like apple pie)
check out this recipe. I just tried it.
It’s called Nanny’s Apple Pie Oats In Sacramento
• . cup oatmeal
• . cup oat bran
• 1 apple (cored and diced)
• ½ cup unsweetened apple sauce
• ó tsp cinnamon
• 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
• 1 cup water
• . tsp vanilla extract
• ó tsp stevia
1. In a big bowl, mix oatmeal, oat bran, protein powder, vanilla
extract and water.
2. In a separate bowl, mix the apple, apple sauce, cinnamon and
stevia (or Splenda).
3. Coat a small baking pan with cooking spray.
4. Pour the apple sauce mixture in the baking dish, then pour
the oat mixture on top.
5. Bake for 35 minutes at 350°F.
And it’s just like eating an apple cobbler.
I gotta qualify something, I’m a big apple dessert fan, If I could I would
eat a real apple pie or an apple cobbler for breakfast every day, but that
wouldn’t really help with staying lean, but this is a pretty damn good
It’s got approx 475 calories as written (which is about the same as a commercial
muffin and a coffee from any standard coffee shop)
But the big difference is this bad boy has 40 grams of protein and only 8 grams
…. whereas your commercial muffin and coffee would be more like 4 grams of
protein and 20 grams of fat!
It makes a big enough serving that you could even split it into two smaller
snacks if you want.
Give it a try